Sunday, April 6, 2008

My experience with Sudarshana Kriya

I have recently come to know about Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and the Art of Living foundation during my Jan 2008 visit to India. I heard many great things about Sudarshana Kriya, so attended the Basic course in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India. My interest was to reduce my cholesterol levels without medicines.

The AoL teacher was very friendly and knowledgeable person. During the course, people reported of having some kind of visions after doing Sudarshana Kriya. When it comes to my experience, I felt like someone was poking my feet with nails. I had that feeling for the first 3 days of Kriya and it was gone forever. I was not sure whether it was because of Sudharshana Kriya or because I had to sit in Vajrasan before doing Sudarshana Kriya.

What made me addicted to Sudarshana Kriya is that the 8 long deep breaths that you take after completing Sudarshana Kriya. It takes about 6 minutes for me to complete these 8 breaths. During those 6 minutes, my entire body stays numb which I seem to enjoy very much.

Cholesterol:

Coming to cholesterol, I took Lipid Profile and Comp. Metabolic tests during my physicals on May 7th, 2007. My Triglycerides, Cholesterol and Glucose readings were above their higher levels. My doctor prescribed me zocor but I never took the pills and there was no change in my food habits.

So after doing 20 days of Sudarshana Kriya, I took Lipid Profile and Comp. Metabolic tests again on Feb 28th 2008. The results show that my cholesterol is down by 23 points and Triglycerides are down by 57 points. Even the Glucose levels have come down by 30 points, for a change. Though I am happy at the situation, I want to take another test at the end of April as the gap between my previous two tests is too long.

Anyways, Sudarshana Kriya seems to be making differences in peoples lives.

Thank you,

Vasu Gokaraju

No comments:

Post a Comment